Buenos Aires, Argentina:
1. Tango Show at Cafe Tortoni
2. Private tour of La Boca… La Brigada (steak & malbec) was the runner-up!
4. Drunkenly wandering around the city… & lunch at Mistura del Peru
5. Terremotos (“earthquake” cocktails) at La Piojera, Santiago’s oldest & best dive bar, where we met a lovely Chilean family.
6. Sitting by the fire with our Chilean wine at the ever so cosy Patagonia Hostel
7. The marble caves on Lake Carrera
8. Getting onto Toastie for the first time & hacking through the Patagonian countryside and mountainous terrain
9. Airport “adventure” – first time for everything!
San Pedro, Chile:
10. Valle de la Luna (Valley of the Moon)… and watching the sunset on a sand dune
11. Hanging on hammocks… & the live music that night at Barros
The Bolivian Wilderness:
12. Laguna Colorada (Red Lagoon)
13. Watching llamas bathe in a multi-coloured lagoon
14. Playing on the Salt Flats
La Paz, Bolivia:
15. The free Red Cap walking tour La Paz
16. The Witches Market… & my first taste of “Api”
17. Cusco walking tour… specifically the llama petting
18. Quadbiking around the Peruvian countryside
19. Phaal at Korma Sutra (& winning a free pint and certificate because I ate it all)
20. Pisac market (& NOT the guinea pig we had that night)
21. The Sacred Valley tour (our tour guide, Pablo, was brilliant)… oh and dinner at Indio Feliz in Aguas Calientes
22. Machu Picchu (of course)
Foz Du Iguaçu, Brazil:
23. Two steaks (each!) at Bier Garten
24. Iguazu Falls Boat Trip (even though we nearly drowned under the falls) at Parque Nacional do Iguaçu / Natural Park
25. Dinner, drinks & dancing at Rio Scenarium for Vicki’s birthday
26. Christ the Redeemer (it’s a must, isn’t it?!)… followed by drinks at Fasano Rooftop Bar for Vicki’s birthday, part 2
28. Ipanema Beach… dinner at Garrafa.
29. Farewell caipirinhas at Lapa Cafe